<$BlogRSDUrl$>

From outside one will always triumphantly impress theories upon the world and then fall straight into the ditch one has dug, but only from inside will one keep oneself and the world quiet and true. /FK (Contact: TBONotebooks at fastmail.fm. The Blue Octavo Notebooks welcomes mail, although we cannot guarantee a response. Your email may be posted in part on The Blue Octavo Notebooks unless otherwise requested.) Please enjoy the notebook entries, and thanks for reading.

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

News from everybody’s favorite genocidal, racist Apartheid state: a third Sesame Street series has been launched there. This seems like an exceptionally good thing, and from what I remember of the first Israeli Rehov Sumsum (Sesame Street), not to mention Sesame Street in general, it should be stellar. I wonder if this version will include Oscar the Grouch’s Israeli cousin, Moishe the Oofnick. Great stuff, and you really haven’t lived until you’ve seen Ernie singing the Rubber Ducky song in Hebrew.

Somebody has inquired as to when I’m going to post a more detailed account of the opening session of the Palestine Solidarity festivities held at OSU last month (see the archive entries for more information). In addition to the information already entered in TBON regarding that affair, I’ve been writing up a more detailed account of what I saw and experienced. In addition to taking notes during the opening session, I wrote an account of my being hassled (to put it mildly) by some of the conference participants prior to the opening session. But I haven’t finished composing the final piece, which combines the two, along with some further information. Part of the reason for the lag is because writing about the incidents—being called, among other things, a godless idol-worshipper and a Yahoodi, and told that I was lucky it was a nonviolent conference because if it wasn’t I’d have been down on the ground already, etc.; sitting through some of the most, if not the most, asinine speeches I’ve ever had the misfortune to hear; and so on—just isn’t all that enjoyable or pleasant, and I’ve had better things to do.

In fact, I’d actually contemplated scrapping the whole thing. Wasting energy thinking and writing about such people and such pseudo-intellectual blather is a most regrettable pollution of my life and my hard drive, but I figure it’s important to get these things down on record. I’ll probably be posting the account soon enough, so please check back if you’re interested in reading my first-hand account of the conference’s opening session. I might even put it in iambic pentameter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com